Start your studies at Bath College with the University of Bath International Foundation Year
The course is designed specifically for International Students. For more than 22 years, it has been acting as a gateway to assist international students to gain the required knowledge and skills to progress into a wide variety of University of Bath undergraduate degrees. Bath College has accepted students on to the International Foundation Year from 75 different countries, and the course is run from the City Centre Campus in the centre of Bath. The course lasts for one full academic year (full time), and the intake begins in September.
Studying the University of Bath International Foundation Year: hear from our students from University of Bath on Vimeo.
- Why choose the University of Bath International Foundation Year?
Take a dedicated pathway into a top-10 ranking UK University
- Guaranteed progression to the University of Bath. Students who achieve the necessary grades at the end of the course will be guaranteed automatic entry into year 1 of their target degree course, students will not need to apply through UCAS.
- The College is conveniently located in the centre of the historic City of Bath, in an ideal location for students. The College is a short walk from the charming Bath City Centre, railway station and bus station.
- Bath is one of the UKs safest Cities in which to study, and is the UK's only World Heritage City.
- All University of Bath International Foundation Year students are guaranteed an offer of accommodation in a residential block owned and run by the University.
- You will have access to a dedicated personal tutor during your studies, and will have access to welfare support from the Bath College Welfare team.
- Visas & Immigration
Overseas students, including EU, EEA and Swiss Nationals specifically coming to study in the UK will usually need to apply for a Visa. You can check whether you need a visa here.
For this programme you will need to obtain Student Visa for a longer course. You must be sponsored by a licensed College or University and have a confirmed place. You may be eligible to do limited hours of work on this Visa.
For further advice on obtaining Visa's, please visit:
UKCISA - International Student Advice & Guidance
Student Visa's - British Councils
UK Visa's and Immigration - GOV.UK
If you are under 18 years of age, you must have a UK-based Guardian, who should be more than 25 years old, able to communicate fluently in English and able provide accommodation to you in an emergency. The Guardian MUST be appointed by your parents and full contact details must be provided to the college as well. The college must be notified of any change of Guardian immediately.
If you have any questions about Guardianship or need support to find a Guardian please contact the Bath College International Admissions team by email: BathFoundationYear@bathcollege.ac.uk or by phone 0044 (0) 1225 328 724
- Important Information
Bath College expects all students to attend at least 95% of your sessions, as statistically speaking, the lower your attendance dips, the less likely you are to achieve your potential at College.
- a 95% attendance rate
- That you are prepared to learn and study
- Positive contribution to all sessions
- Attendance at virtual lessons as dictated by your timetable
- Attendance at all sessions with relevant kit and equipment
- Ensure that you wear your lanyard with valid College ID at all times when on campus
- International Admissions Process
The University of Bath International Foundation Year is open to international students only. United Kingdom home-qualified students are not eligible to apply.
For more information about the entry requirements, click the link below:
University of Bath International Foundation Year course, licensed to Bath College
In the first instance, please contact the Learning and Partnerships Office at the University of Bath either by email IFY@bath.ac.uk, or by phone +44 (0)1225 383874
To determine your eligibility, you will need to submit an application form. You will find more information about the University of Bath International Foundation Year Programme at the link below:
If your application is successful, you will receive a Conditional Offer. Your place on the programme will be secured by returning the signed acceptance form (Bath College Agreement) and we should be able to provide your Unconditional Offer as soon as you meet all of the conditions of your Conditional Offer and pay the non-refundable deposit.
The International Admissions Team at Bath College will contact you with the outcome of your application.
University of Bath International Foundation Year
Once you have submitted your application and supporting documents, the LPO team at the University of Bath will review your application and return it to Bath College, where the International Foundation Year course is taught.
Enquiries & Applications
You can find information about the University of Bath International Foundation Year programme and how to apply using the button below, and also download the International Foundation Year Booklet. To get in contact with one of our team, please either email BathFoundationYear@bathcollege.ac.uk, or telephone 0044 (0) 1225 328 724