Bath College is about…
We provide innovative training to develop skills, inspire individuals, enrich the wider community and encourage all to achieve and progress.
- More than 1400 courses available from entry to degree level
- Providing education and training to 10,000 learners across two campuses in Bath & North East Somerset annually
- The largest provider of apprenticeships in the area
- Building bridges & skills for the future: Our strategic focus is ensuring that Bath College continues to build business links across the region.
At Bath College we pride ourselves on being the natural choice of College for both students and employers. The College has been recognised as one of the top 10% of FE Colleges in England for employer satisfaction with achievement rates significantly above the national average.
We cater for all ages at all levels
- From 16-19 year olds
- Traineeships and apprenticeships to Higher Education degree level
- Foundation Learning / pre-entry
- International students
- Distance Learning
- Free Continuing Professional Development – providing vital up-skilling and reskilling opportunities for businesses and professional individuals alike
- We have students from 18 to 80 years old on our Love2Learn leisure courses
- We hope to introduce FE provision for 14-16-year olds soon
Bath College – our non-ageism mind set means it’s never too late to learn a new skill
- We have students from 18 to 80 years on our Love2Learn leisure courses
- And a fast growing FE provision for 14-16-year olds
City Centre Campus
Located in the world Heritage City of Bath covering:
- Performing Arts (partnered with the Theatre Royal)
- Care Academy
- Hair Beauty and Complementary Therapies
- Catering and Hospitality
- Special Educational Needs
- English Language School
The City Centre Campus is located within the newly designated Bath Enterprise Zone and we are working with B&NES to be an integral part of the business developments. This has already led to increased demand for courses in Media and Technology.
Somer Valley Campus
Located in rural Norton Radstock/Westfield in Somerset, and ideally situated for:
- Animal Care
The Natural College of Choice for Employers
Bath College – the largest provider of apprentices in Bath and North East Somerset
- Recently recognised as one of the top 10% of FE Colleges in England for employer satisfaction with achievement rates significantly above the national average
- The ability to listen and devise work related training solutions for businesses
Tailored Training solutions for every business needs
- Talk to our experts, and together we can develop a course or training programme that’s right for you
The Natural College of Choice for Students
- Bath College: the home of big ambitions
- For students and for us
- By 2020 we aim to be the most sought after College in the region
Building bridges & skills for the future: Our strategic focus is ensuring that Bath College continues to build business links across the region.
A skills based College, we offer businesses what they need to enrich their employee’s skills:
- 16-18 traineeships: current staff conversions to apprenticeships
- Re-skilling and up-skilling employees: regional businesses can access our on-campus facilities for staff training
- Or through tailored CPD in the workplace
We have supported and facilitated the shift by local businesses towards discreet in-house training provision & CPD including:
- Off-the-shelf courses
- Formal large qualifications
- Free distance learning courses
By listening to businesses Bath College continually adapts its offers to suit current demands, offering fluidity in the way we deliver and meet diverse business needs from:
- Professional top-up courses in employment law
- Skills deficits in Management; Accountancy; Engineering & Construction
Bath College pathway to University
Bath College has offered the prestigious University of Bath’s International Foundation Year for over 15 years.
- A one-year intensive programme for students from outside the EU to gain entry into the University of Bath on one of the undergraduate programmes.
- Focus on academic subjects and English language and comprehension.
Don’t Take Our Word For Our Excellence!
OFSTED, The government Office for Standards in Education rated Bath College
- ‘Good’ this year describing Bath College learners as developing a “strong range of skills, attributes and ways of behaving which prepare them well for employment.”
- British Council Inspection: The most recent inspection in 2017 was also complimentary, and the college is a Highly Trusted Sponsor with the UK government.
- Teaching Excellence and Student Outcomes Framework: In June 2018, Bath College was given a Silver Award by the TEF panel of The Office for Students, who recognises excellent teaching in UK Higher Education providers. The award by TEF was for “delivering high quality teaching, learning and outcomes for its students and consistently exceeding rigorous national quality requirements for UK higher education”.