Bath College is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
Please Note: After a detailed accessibility audit, it has come to our attention that some areas of our website are not compliant. We are taking steps to eradicate these issues, and have a work plan in place. If you have any difficulties using our website, please bring this to the attention of the Marketing Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) who will be able to help. We aim to have all issues resolved by mid to end of year 2023, and will update this statement as work completes.
This accessibility statement applies to the Bath College Website, created and published August 2021.
The website uses cascade style sheets (CSS) to help improve download speeds and usability and the font size of each page can be altered as required.
Mac Web Browsers
You can increase the size of the text by holding down ‘command’ (CMD) and then using the plus (+) and minus (-) keys to zoom in or out. CMD 0 will reset the text size to default.
Windows Web Browsers
You can increase the size of the text by holding down ‘control’ (CTRL) and then using the plus (+) and minus (-) keys to zoom in or out. CTRL 0 will reset the text size to default.
To ensure all our users have the best possible experience we will always:
- Use an easy-to-read font (Montserrat)
- Write in plain English, avoiding jargon
- Use clear, descriptive link text
- Use text equivalents for the majority of images
- Provide simple, consistent site navigation
- Use html heading tags to convey page structure
- Include a site search box on each page (a course-specific search is included on the homepage)
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliance and exemptions listed below.
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reason(s):
(a) non-compliance with the accessibility regulations
- Some of our PDF downloadable documents are not accessible to screen readers. If you are having issues reading a PDF, you can email our Marketing Team (email@example.com) for an accessible copy or to receive a physical copy in the post free of charge.
- Our Teal brand colour may be hard to read for those with visual impairments, we are currently working on implementing an accessible web colour and aim to have this changed across the whole website from 28th February 2023. If you are having issues reading a page, please use a screen reader, or email our Marketing Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) for a page transcript.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 08/12/2022
This statement has been prepared after a detailed audit provided by Bath College’s website provider, Helastel.
Feedback and contact information
If you find an accessibility issue on our website that is not listed in this statement, please report this by emailing email@example.com. Bath College will respond to all accessibility emails within one working week to provide an alternative option, answer or other appropriate action.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’).
If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).