image banner


This section explains the financial help you might get. We keep this information as up to date as we can but please come into our Student Advice Centre for further help and advice about funding if required. Alternatively you can call us on 01225 328 720 or email


Fees Explained

Your fees will vary depending on which course you are studying. If you are studying a part-time or higher education course, please visit your course’s page on this site for fee information. If you are studying a full-time course, or the fees for your course are not listed on this site, you can contact the College directly to find out your fees. Please call 01225 328 720 or email Full-time course fees are set when we have received information from our funders. This is likely to be in June before the course starts. However, we may be able to give you an approximate figure based on last year’s fees.


Extra help with fees

If you are on a low income you may also be able to receive money from the Learner Support Fund to help with your fees or childcare costs while you are studying at College. For further help, please contact the Student Funding Administrator who is based in Student Services at City Centre Campus.




Funding Support

Bursary Application Forms

Use these forms to apply for funding, we have forms for ages 16-18 and for 19+ if you are eligible. 


16-18 Bursary Application Form


16-18 Funding Eligibility Criteria


16-18 Funding Factsheet


(We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties with our funding form, we aim to have this resolved as soon as possible, so please check back)

19+ Bursary Application Form


19+ Funding Eligibility Criteria


19+ Funding Factsheet


(We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties with our funding form, we aim to have this resolved as soon as possible, so please check back)

20+ Childcare Bursary Application Form

(Form for Academic year 22-23 coming soon)




Free Meals


Student 16-18 may be eligible to receive a free meal each day they are at college if their parents receive one of the following benefits:

  • Income Support
  • Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
  • Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
  • Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
  • The guarantee element of State Pension Credit
  • Child Tax Credit (provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190, as assessed by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC))

To apply for free meals please email



Funding for Carers

If you provide regular unpaid care for someone else such as a family member, friend or neighbour, you may be able to get support through the Carer’s centre. Further information and support is also available on the BANES Carers Centre website.




We have a range of options available depending on whether you're under or over the age of 20. You can also contact the Family Information Service, which can help parents choose and access appropriate childcare and family support services. For more information visit


I am over 20


For students over 20 years of age, there are a few available childcare schemes. Adults are advised to seek help from their local Job Centre Plus before enrolling on a course.


Lone Parents

If you are a lone parent who is not eligible for help through the New Deal programme you may be eligible for funding through the Horizons Education Fund.


Working Tax Credit

You may be eligible for childcare funding through the Child element of your Working Tax Credit. Contact HM Revenue & Customs or follow the link for more information.


Learner Support Fund Childcare

If you are aged 20 or above and from a low-income household, you should be eligible for funding towards your childcare expenses through the Learner Support Fund. We can fund childcare for children from the age of 1 year old.

If your child is older than the age of 4 you will need to find an alternative Ofsted registered nursery or childminder.

Please note the Learner Support Fund does not pay for deposits or during holidays when you are not in your College lessons.


I am under 20

Students under 20 years old can get financial help with their childcare costs from Care to Learn. Care to Learn will pay for childcare costs while you learn. This scheme can pay for nursery deposits if one is charged, also travel expenses to and from your childcare provider. For an application form and further information, call 0800 121 8989. You can also get further information online here.



City & Guilds Bursary


City & Guilds offer a bursary for students wishing to enrol on a course leading to a C&G qualification. This bursary can help with course fees, living costs, childcare, travel expenses or essential equipment. For more information, visit the City and Guilds Bursary scheme website.



Funding for Higher Education Students (Degree Level Courses)

Higher Education students can apply for a loan to pay for tuition fees and a maintenance grant/loan for living expenses.  The amount you can borrow depends on the income of your parents or if you have been financially independent for the last 3 years then your own income. All applications for the UK are processed centrally so ensure you apply early, and provide all required information to avoid delays. To apply click here



If you are enrolled on one the College’s HE courses (a course that is not linked to Bath University, Bath Spa or UWE) then you may be eligible for additional help. To apply for the HE Access to Learning Fund, you must have already applied for a Student Loan and your household income be £50,000 or under. To apply for the college bursary you will need to complete a form, we will upload this soon as we are currently working on a new version. Please come into our Student Advice Centre for further help and advice about funding. Alternatively you can call us on (01225) 328 813 or email



Welsh Assembly Learning Grant

This grant is for students 19+ who live in Wales and are studying at least 275 guided learning hours. This grant is a payment of up to £1,500 or £750 if you are studying part time, dependant on household income. For more information follow visit Welsh Assembly Learning Grant for Further Education.



Residential Support Scheme

If your course is not available close to home and you need to move in order to attend College, you may be able to get funding towards your rent. Please email to find out more.


Future Bright

Future Bright offers small grants for training and equipment to enable residents to progress in their careers. Applicants must also be receiving careers coaching from the project. For eligibility and to find out more please go


External Charities and Grants

There are a range of charities that can help with financial support for learning. Use the button below to access the full list, and if you would like more clarity you can email for more details.


External Charities & Grants


Managing your Money

You may find these websites useful: The Money Advice Service has handy tools to help you budget and make your money go further.


Money Saving Expert has advice on student bank accounts.