T Level - Automotive: Light and Electric Vehicles Maintenance Installation and Repair Level 3 (23/24)
What topics are covered?
In Year 1 you will gain an understanding of the engineering industry covering topics such as:
- Maintenance, installation and repair requirements
- Fault detection and diagnosis
- Isolation and resolution methods
- Communication for maintenance, installation and repair activities
In Year 2 you will specialise in Light and Electric Vehicles covering topics such as:
- Analyse and interpret requirements for vehicle maintenance, servicing and repair
- Plan and prepare for vehicle maintenance, servicing and repair activities
- Perform maintenance, servicing and repair of vehicles
- Review and evaluate vehicle maintenance, servicing and repair activities
- Communicate vehicle maintenance, servicing and repair information
Frequently asked questions
Learners will have 2 exams and an externally set project to complete for the core engineering topics.
An externally set assignment composed of a series of holistic practical tasks relating to light and electric vehicles
Additional mandatory parts of the T Level that need to be achieved:
An industry placement of 315 350 hours (45 50 days).