image banner

ELS Eligibility Criteria


Please check through this eligibility criteria carefully before enrolling on on our English Language School courses. If you have any questions about the courses or criteria, you can use the contact buttons at the bottom of this page to get in contact with our English Language School team.


Study visa

All prospective international students, including EU, EEA and Swiss nationals coming to the UK on or after 1 January 2021 will need to apply to the Student route for a Student visa . EU, EEA and Swiss students will need to apply for a student visa through the new points-based immigration system. Students can apply for a visa up to 6 months before the start of the course. Further guidance for EU, EEA and Swiss students can be found here:


UK points-based immigration system: EU student information


Please see the UK Government (UKVI) website for more information on student visas here:


Student Visa Information



EU, EEA and Swiss citizens

If you are an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen and were resident in the UK on or before 31 December 2020, we will require to see proof of your settled status or pre-settled status before enrolling you onto the course.


If you are an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen and were not resident in the UK by 31 December 2020 and do not have rights under the Withdrawal Agreement, you will need to meet specific requirements in order to work or study in the UK from 1 January 2021. To study in the UK, you will need to apply for a student visa. You will have to pay the “international fee” for your course which is £7,760 per year for a level 3 course. You will also need to pass relevant checks, including UK criminality checks.


Information about the UK’s points-based immigration system for EU, EEA and Swiss citizens who arrive in the UK after 31 December 2020, can be viewed here